Perrin Palmer Elementary School
by Barry Bauer
Perrin Palmer Elementary School, located at 611 N. Lansing St., was built in 1939 to replace the old North Ward (Perrin) School. The cost was $45,000. In this photo the building was in the final stage of construction and would soon be ready for the young students that would be starting school September 11. The school’s capacity was 200 students in grades K-6.
Perrin Palmer School was closed in 1999 and the property sold to the Pentecostal Church of God. They later had the school building demolished and built the new district headquarters in its place.